Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), is India's largest food product marketing organisation with annual turnover (2015-16) US$ 3.5 billion. Its daily milk procurement is approx 16.97 million lit per day from 18,545 village milk cooperative societies, 18 member unions covering 33 districts, and 3.6 million milk producer members.
It is the Apex organisation of the Dairy Cooperatives of Gujarat, popularly known as 'AMUL',which aims to provide remunerative returns to the farmers and also serve the interest of consumers by providing quality products which are good value for money. Its success has not only been emulated in India but serves as a model for rest of the World. It is exclusive marketing organisation of 'Amul' and 'Sagar' branded products. It operates through 56 Sales Offices and has a dealer network of 10000 dealers and 10 lakh retailers, one of the largest such networks in India. Its product range comprises milk, milk powder, health beverages, ghee, butter, cheese, Pizza cheese,Ice-cream, Paneer, chocolates, and traditional Indian sweets, etc.
GCMMF is India's largest exporter of Dairy Products. It has been accorded a "Trading House"status. Many of our products are available in USA, Gulf Countries,Singapore, The Philippines, Japan, China and Australia. GCMMF has received the APEDA Award from Government of India for Excellence in Dairy Product Exports for the last 16 years. For the year 2009-10, GCMMF has been awarded "Golden Trophy" for its outstanding export performance and contribution in dairy products sector by APEDA. In 2013-14, GCMMF took giant strides in expanding its presence in International markets. Amul’s presence on Global Dairy Trade (GDT) platform in which only the top six dairy players of the world sell their products, has earned respect and recognition across the world. By selling milk powders on GDT, GCMMF could not only realize better prices as per market demand but it also firmly established Amul in the league of top dairy players in world trade.
For its consistent adherence to quality, customer focus and dependability, GCMMF has received numerous awards and accolades over the years. It received the Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award in1999 in Best of All Category. In 2002 GCMMF bagged India's Most Respected Company Award instituted by Business World. In 2003, it was awarded the The IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award - 2003 - certificate of merit- for adopting noteworthy quality management practices for logistics and procurement. GCMMF is the first and only Indian organisation to win topmost International Dairy Federation Marketing Award for probiotic ice cream launch in 2007. For the innovations, GCMMF has received AIMA-RK Swamy High Performance brand award 2013 and CNN-IBN Innovating for better tomorrow award in 2014. World Dairy Innovation Awards- 2014 for Best Marketing Campaign - "Eat Milk with Every Meal". For the tree plantation activity GCMMF has received seven consecutive Good Green Governance award from Srishti during 2007 to 2013.
The Amul brand is not only a product, but also a movement. It is in one way, the representation of the economic freedom of farmers. It has given farmers the courage to dream. To hope. To live.
GCMMF - An Overview
|Year of Establishment||1973|
|Members||18 District Cooperative Milk Producers' Unions|
|No. of Producer Members||3.6 Million|
|No. of Village Societies||18,545|
|Total Milk handling capacity per day||28 Million litres per day|
|Milk Collection (Total - 2015-16)||6.2 billion litres|
|Milk collection (Daily Average 2015-16)||16.97 million litres|
|Cattlefeed manufacturing Capacity||7800 Mts. per day|
|Sales Turnover -(2015-16)||Rs. 22972 Crores (US $ 3.5 Billion)|
Our Member Unions
1. Kaira District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Anand
2. Mehsana District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd, Mehsana
3. Sabarkantha District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Himatnagar
4. Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Palanpur
5. Surat District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Surat
6. Baroda District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Vadodara
7. Panchmahal District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Godhra
8. Valsad District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Valsad
9. Bharuch District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Bharuch
10.Ahmedabad District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd.,Ahmedabad
11. Rajkot District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Rajkot
12. Gandhinagar District Cooperative Milk Producers'Union Ltd., Gandhinagar
13. Surendranagar District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Surendranagar
14. Amreli District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd., Amreli
15. Bhavnagar District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd., Bhavnagar
16. Kutch District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Ltd., Anjar
17. Junagadh District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union Limited,Junagadh
18. Porbandar District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd, Porbandar
|Sales Turnover||Rs (million)||US$ (in million)|
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
Amul Dairy Road,
P B No.10, Anand - 388 001,
Phone: +91-2692-258506, 258507, 258508, 258509